As we continue this discussion, here are the final two insights:
- Get clear about the impact you want to have on your client, community and the world in general! This insight underscores the power of having a Mission Statement that everyone can get behind. As we got clear about our Mission as a company, we got really excited because as a team, we committed to it; and we were excited to be innovative about this mission driving us on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. It’s a common thread across our team.
- Give it the full time it deserves! Clarifying your plan for growing your business is one of the most important ways you can invest your time. It will give you direction, peace of mind, clarity about where to invest your time and above all… improve the results you are getting from your business. So decide right now, that you are going to invest time to get this done. Grab your planner and schedule it this week! Whether it’s 2 hours with a buddy or 2 days with your team I PROMISE it will be an investment time that will return to you 10 fold.
Commit to your strategic plan this week:
- Decide WHO you will enroll in the process of planning.
- Decide WHEN you will invest time in beginning or furthering your plan.
- Revisit a few pieces before your planning session – reconnect with what you’ve already done: your VISION, your PROJECT LIST and your REVENUE PROJECTIONS.
I’ll leave you with one final thought: trust your instincts—encourage yourself to move forward and have fun with this idea of strategic planning and get in action!